Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sick While Traveling

J left for Virginia Sunday morning for a week long business trip. I hadn't heard from him today, and that's odd seeing as how we talk everyday when he's gone on business trips. So I gave him a call at 9:00pm (10:00pm his time). It took him awhile to get to the phone so I thought he might still be out on the basketball court with some of his coworkers. But to my surprise he sounded very groggy when he answered. I asked him if I woke him up, and he replied, "Yes." (Oops!) Then he went on to tell me that he had been sick...upset stomach, chills, sweats, headache. Poor guy...and he is set to teach part of a training course Wednesday so there's no skipping. I told him to go back to bed, and I hoped he started feeling better. Before we hung up I was able to squeeze in, "Eat bland foods like crackers, toast, or baked potatoes." He always laughs at me when I tell him that (though he didn't tonight). But to me it just seems logical. If your stomach is upset don't eat spicy or greasy things.

I feel sorry for him. Sure wish I was there to take care of him. Not that he can't take care of himself, but I could at least go to the store to get him some medicine or crackers and Sprite. Hopefully his fever will break and he'll start feeling better during night. Please pray for him...it's never fun to be sick, but when you're away from home and away from your own bed it's even harder.

No comments: