Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Done!!!

I just got back from my IUI...it went well although it took a little longer than Dr. K thought. He said my uterus was a little tilted, and it was a hard. Makes me wonder if we were too late in doing the IUI, but at this point only time will tell. It wasn't too painful. I'm a little crampy right now, but nothing major.

The lab tech said J's SA was great. She said they normally like to see a post-wash of 10 mil, but J's was 55 mil! Woo Hoo!!! Go J!!!

Thought y'all might want to hear the conversation in the room before the IUI. It was really funny.

_______________________________________________________

Dr. K: Ready to make a baby?

Me: Yep, I've been ready.

Dr. K: This won't take long, and it's a fairly easy process. Now watch...I'll jinx myself and it'll be difficult. *Looks at SA from this morning* Tell J everything looks great! Concentration is great. Grade is excellent.

Nurse C: Are your toes wet or are they just cold?

Me: They're cold. J always complains about my cold feet.

Dr. K: So there's no snuggling going on, huh?

Me: No. We bought a king sized bed because J is always saying "Get your cold feet off me woman."

Everyone laughs

Dr K: Okay, relax. He inserts speculum and then laughs and says, "Get your cold feet off me woman." and then he laughs again.

*He starts the process but struggles a little.*

Dr. K: See, I jinxed myself. Normally I would have been done by now.

*He gets a different tool.*

Me: Momma always said I was hard headed.

Dr. K: Well I don't know about hard headed, but your cervix is definitely hard, and your cervix is a little tilted.

*He rearranges the speculum and inserts sperm.*

Dr. K: Now that's more like it. All done. Say a prayer, and tonight, get busy. Only God will know whether it was the IUI or the natural way that got you pregnant, but get busy as much as possible tonight. I better be getting good news in a couple weeks. *winks and shakes my hand*
______________________________________________________

Well, now I guess I'm in the 2ww...hoping to bring y'all some good news in a couple weeks!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it went well. Can't wait to hear the results...

ultimatejourney said...

Wow, it almost sounds like it was fun! Awesome SA results. Go swimmers go!

AwkwardMoments said...

Praying for the best BFP in 2 Weeks - also praying that the next 2 weeks goes by fast. Now get Busy

Waiting said...

That conversation sounds so funny. It must have really lightened the mood. Fingers crossed!!!

Mandy said...

I think I would love your doc. Thanks for sharing your experience, and I hope to hear bfp news from you, soon!

Chanti said...

So hope you got really "busy" and that with the IUI will result in a huge BFP. Praying that this works for you guys!!!!