I was tagged by R&R to tell 8 interesting facts about myself...this might be hard, but I'll try to come up with things that most of you don't know about me.
1. I played softball for 9 years as a kid and was picked up to play on 2 tournament teams after the regular season ended. The first one as a first grader for the "Ladybugs", and the second as an 8th grader for the "Tex-Ans". When I was on the Tex-Ans we won the Metro Tournament and went to the National Tournament in Richland, Washington. And it was there that I broke my left ankle sliding into second base. Three days later we returned to Houston where I had surgery to try and fix my growth plate. Fun times!!!
2. I am the product of a music teacher so I have been singing since I was pretty much able to talk. In high school I tried out for the Texas All-State choir my Soph, Jr, and Sr years, and I made it my Jr and Sr years. The try-outs for the region, area and all-state choirs are actually my fondest memories of high school.
3. I am scared to death of heights. I will ride roller coasters and ride to the top of a needle, but I HATE looking over the side to see how high up I am. I've never gotten sick, but my stomach feels like it's turning flips if I have to look down. Ugh! I just hate heights!!
4. I have a horrible fear that J and I are going to be killed in a car accident. I don't know why I have this fear or where it came from, but every time we get into the car for a long trip I say tons of prayers for protection.
5. I am an organ donor because my dad died while waiting for a heart transplant when I was a sophomore in college. Because of that, when it was time for me to do the persuasive speech in speech class I talked about organ donation. I was so excited that several people in the class filled out organ donation cards after my speech.
6. Growing up I was always overweight. In college I lost 53 pounds and got down to a size 8. I didn't stay in a size 8 for long because I LOVE food. In 2001 I decided that I just couldn't stand to be fat anymore so I worked my butt off and lost 68 pounds. On the day that J and I married I weighed 119 pounds. Unfortunately I've gained it all back because I got lazy and quit working out. Once again I'm to the point where I just can't stand to be the way that I am anymore so I joined the Y last year. I've been working out faithfully for a year and a half, but I have yet to lose much weight. I'm beginning to think that I'm supposed to be overweight. I hate battling my weight...it SUCKS!!! I really wish I could be happy with who I am no matter what I weigh.
7. I hate to drink water. It's like pulling teeth to get me to drink it. I think the only times I've ever craved water was when I was pregnant and when I'm working out. Other than that, it's D.iet Co.ke and Caffeine Free D.iet Co.ke.
8. I'm a girly girl who likes to shop, scrapbook, wear jewelry and buy designer bags. BUT I also LOVE football, volleyball and softball, and sports tend to bring out the tom-boy in me. So sometimes I feel like I don't fit in with the girly girls or the tom-boys. That was always hard for me as a kid.
So now it's your turn Betsy, Chris, and Kim.
In cycle news...just chuggin' along in the 2ww. No thoughts either way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I have always struggled with my weight, also. I've lost a bit over 50 pounds, but I'm still a size 12.. and that sucks.
Love your factoids! It's always fun to learn new things about people. I will accept your tag, gladly, as a diversion from IVF blogging. Look for it in the coming days . ..
Wow, another singer! I had abandoned that part of me so long ago and am just now starting to realize it again. Mostly because I made the mistake of singing to my students and now they hound me daily to sing to them.
I'm so sorry about your dad, but I'm glad that you were able to take it and make something positive come out of the experience. It says a lot about you, as I don't know if I could've done that.
Also, I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight. I hate it and the fertility drugs don't make it any better. ARGH!
I relate to soo many of these , weigtm handbags, girlie-girl, not fitting in, weight....
I cannot sing a lick,, but i do love to dance
Hi there! I just thought I'd check in and see how you are doing.
It's neat that you were in All State Choir. I did All State Band (flute), and also loved those moments.
I can also totally relate to #6. I think it's the PCOS that makes it so difficult for us to lose weight and keep it off. The only way I was able to do it in high school and college was to starve myself (literally - I struggled with anorexia for years) and/or compulsively over exercise. I read somewhere that a lot of bulimics have PCOS. It kind of makes sense, because if insulin resistance makes you gain/hold on to weight, you have to go to more drastic than normal measures to take/keep it off.
Post a Comment