Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 20, 2007

GI Bug + Surgery Pain = A Miserable Weekend

Thursday I was feeling okay. Not great so I was still needing pain meds, but I was doing okay. Then yesterday morning I took a pain pill on an empty stomach. Not good. I quickly got something in my tummy, and I was better for a while, but the nausea persisted all day long. Then this morning at 1:00 AM I was in horrible pain. Not surgery pain, but that sick GI pain. It was a cross between nausea and diarrhea pain. I spent the whole night in the bathroom. But of course, and this is TMI here, I couldn't strain because of the stitches so I just had to sit. Then I'd start to get nauseated and I'd have to throw up. Then I'd get that icky gurggly stomach...it was an endless cycle. Oh my God, I was miserable. FINALLY at about 5:00 this morning I got to sleep (after sending J on a 3:30 Wal.green's run for Imodi.um AD and Eme.trol.) I'm still nauseated, but I've at least gotten some mashed potatoes down and kept it down. I just want to feel better...

7 comments:

Kim said...

Awww, poor girly :O(. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Oh, and in case you heard a car outside earlier, I came to pick up my umbrella.. haha.

Monkey said...

hope you start feeling better soon!

AwkwardMoments said...

oh no good! Hoping for a better tomorrow

Dimple Queen said...

hey friend...never TMI...hope you are feeling better sooon!!! God bless J for going to Wal.green's at 3:30!!! I'll be praying for you as I go to bed!

Love you,
Ang

Changing Expectations said...

Hope that you feel better soon.

RBandRC said...

HUGS honey! It sucks feeling that way and to be recovering on top of it is just awful. Wishing you a very speedy recovery!!!

Kristen said...

I hope you have a speedy recovery. So sorry about the GI pain. That is simply terrible. Praying you'll feel better soon! XOXO