Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Decision Time

J and I came to a VERY difficult decision Monday night that this is going to be our last cycle ttc. I'm just in too much pain from my arthritis, and I'm going to have to go back on the anti-inflammatory before I have some permanent damage to my joints. I really don't want to give up, but it's just not worth risking further damage to my joints to keep going. I'm hoping that the Met will straighten out my cycles to make me start o'ing again, and if that happens then we may try again once I get my arthritis under control, but for now...this is it!!! And hopefully the Met will help me get some weight off too so that's always a plus for an arthritic!!

The other decision we had to make was whether or not to do the IUI this cycle. And after talking to J about it, we decided we were 0-2 with the IUI, but we've at least had 2 successes with BD'ing, so we're starting the BD'ing thing this week.

Don't worry...I'm not going anywhere. I'm still gonna be blogging away and reading up on all you ladies!! So no good-byes from me just yet!!! ;o)

Ultimately we're hoping that we'll get a BFP in a couple weeks so we won't have to throw in the towel, but the realist in me is preparing for the road to adoption!

10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

What a huge decision that has to be made. I am just so sorry tat life chucks crap at us sometimes. But you better not go away - you can write about anything you want ..I'm still reading. I commend you on making such a large decision.. It's just one of those things ...

Me said...

These decisions are so hard. I, for one, know the way OTHER medical problems can interfere with TTC. You have my sympathies and support. Big hugs and lots of luck for the BD marathon to come!

RBandRC said...

I give you both a lot of credit, as making a decision like that is so big and is so hard. I do hope that this month works out for you! Sending lots of hugs your way and keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

Dimple Queen said...

I'm with the rest of them....I am still coming here to read, and praying that one day the title to your post is A BFP!!!! or something to that nature. Did you get my numbers? Carlton was logged in for me the other night and said he just typed in the numbers...nothing else!!! How rude! At least say hi or something!! :) Anyway...As you probably saw, he was hacked....and was very embarrassed about it too...that nasty thing went to everyone on his friends list! TOO FUNNY, but embarrassing all at the same time....

KEEP BLOGGING!!!!! It's been good "keeping up" this way with you!

Ang

A'Dell said...

Well, there have been so many crazy-ass BFPs on "months off" lately that I am really optimistic for you. Maybe it's catching!!

It can be really hard to put yourself first in this kind of situation but you've deserve to be healthy and feel good too.

I'll be thinking about you!

adbwifey0804 said...

Well I am glad that you sound at peace with your decision. I am sorry about the arthritis! I hope the met works for you!

ultimatejourney said...

That must've been a very hard decision to make. I'm sorry that health problems have made this difficult journey even harder, but I know you'll be a mom one way or another if that is what you want. I wish you all the best, and I hope you'll still be blogging.

Rian said...

These decisions are hard to make, but the peace that comes with them makes it worth it. I really hope that this cycle is successful for you!!

And glad to hear you will still be blogging!!

JJ said...

What a tough decision to make....Im scared of that day when we get to where we really have to draw the line -but I DO hope we both dont have to worry about that! Wishing you the BEST, and glad you will keep blogging!

Kim said...

Wow, that's a BIG decision. If it's what you feel is right in your hearts, then you're doing the right thing!