Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 30, 2007

IUI #3 Done

Here's the run down...

Pre Wash:
193.3 million (Woo Hoo!!)
41.4% motile (not great, but not terrible)
160.1 million motile
3.5 grade

Post Wash and Post Gradiant Separation:
80 million
4.0 grade
I forgot to write down the % motile (Oops!)

This time J had enough swimmers to do the gradiant separation which we've never had done before because his numbers weren't high enough. So that's a HUGE plus!!!

The IUI itself was far less painful than it's been in the past. Only a speculum this time. He didn't have to use the tenaculum to manipulate my cervix!! YEA!!!

Dr. K put his hands together like he was praying after he was finished and said, "Please let this be the one. Please let this be the one." Then he said, "Sorry to be so unprofessional, but we need some divine intervention here."

So I said, "If you only knew how many times I'd prayed for this to work..."

He laughed and said, "I know, I know."


He said we needed a plan, and told me that if this one doesn't work that he's sending me to the RE because he thinks I need injectables. I told him about my arthritis flare up and told him that we were calling it quits if this one doesn't work. He told me he felt like I should take the anti-inflammatories to get me through the flare up and then try again with the RE when I was feeling better. And, if my arthritis does get back under control then that's probably what we'll do, but we aren't going to do injectables because it's just too costly. So at this point it's just a waiting game. And there are so many variables that will affect our decision...

*If the IUI doesn't work, do I have to go back on birth control?

*If the Metformin does it's job and I start ovulating on my own, can we still ttc if I'm taking anti-inflammatories?

*If my hormone levels get back to where they're supposed to be and my flare up subsides, how far will we go with the RE? I mean, everyone has to have a stopping point, right?

But I guess for now, we wait and see.

From what I've read, progesterone levels help with arthritis pain, so I'm praying that my progesterone levels are high enough now that I'm back on the Clomid to get me feeling better in the next couple of weeks. And if that happens then we'll keep going. If not, then we're quitting. Maybe not permanently, but we're moving on to adoption for the time being. We may pick it up again somewhere down the road, and honestly I hope we can because I'm so anxious to get a child in this home. But as long as I'm feeling the way I am I think it's best to just move on to adoption if this IUI doesn't work.

6 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Well isnt that a great IUI experience!! I am hoing for great great things

Rock on J- excellent spermies

Me said...

Congrats on the GREAT numbers! F/X up north here for ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great numbers!!! Way to go hubby! I had my 1st IUI today too, so I'm glad we can wait together.

Soooo hopeful for you!!!

RBandRC said...

YAY for J's numbers! I've got everything crossed for you that this works. You so deserve it. Either way, it sounds like you are in a really good place. HUGS!

Kim said...

I'm glad that today went well and Dr. K is praying hard for you! I've been doing the same for you everyday.

Cajun Cutie said...

Wishing you all the best! Thank you for all teh support you have offered. Your kind words have gotten me through some tough spots.