Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Relaxation

***DISCLAIMER*** This post is riddled with sarcasm. If that will offend you, please pass on today's post!!!

Relaxation is the key to Pregnancy. Yes, that's what I saw on Good Morning America this morning. Go ahead and read for yourself. The doctor that they interviewed, Dr. Sarah Berga, of Emory University School of Medicine, said that chronic stress causes the hypothalamus to send the wrong message to the ovaries, which causes them to stop ovulating. Now, while I'm sure their findings are probably legit, it still causes ANYONE going through the horrors of IF to cringe when they hear they just need to relax.

So do you think that infertility is a cause of chronic stress? In my case (and I'm sure in most of our cases) I would have to say ABSOLUTELY!!!! I live a pretty stress-less life right now. My job is pretty mundane, we don't worry about money so I'm basically only working to pay for infertility treatments, we love where we live, we have great friends and a wonderful family, etc... So for me, the fact that I don't have kids in a world where all of my friends have one (or more) is the only thing that stresses me out. So do you think it's safe for me to assume based on their findings that my infertility is my source of my infertility???

Their solution...
1. de-stress - find things to do that will get rid of the stress in your life such as reading, playing the piano, yoga, etc...
2. eat more - huh? I've been told I need to lose weight? So now they're telling me to eat more? Got it!
3. talk it out - it was proven that those who sought out talk therapy got pregnant as opposed to those who didn't seek out talk therapy.

So to destress I've decided to get rid of my infertility. Yes folks, you read that correctly. Since that is my only source of stress these days it seems to reason that I need to get rid of it. If any of you have any suggestions on how to do that, please let me know. Or, maybe the therapist that I will be going to can help me with that. I need to just let it go. I also plan to eat more. It doesn't matter that I'm in the process of seeing a dietician to help me lose weight, but I will start eating more.

I'm so glad this doctor helped me work through this! What a relief!!!!!! Now I'm sure I'll be pregnant within 4 months without medical intervention like the person this story was based on. She quit her job, she quit running in marathons, she gained weight, and BOOM she was pregnant naturally despite going through 3 failed IVF cycles before relaxing!!!

Woo Hoo Ladies...get ready to throw me a baby shower! Baby Haik is on the way!!!!!!

5 comments:

Dimple Queen said...

My Dear Wanna,

I am so sorry that there are so many inconsiderate, insensitive people out there! Those of us that have children tend to think we are experts in the subject when in reality you that struggle know WAY more than we will ever know! (did that make sense?)

Also...I don't think you should have to post a disclaimer on your own blog...but then again, that is just the kindness coming out in you. Always thinking about others!

Love you, Ang

Anonymous said...

unbelievable that good morning america reported that. a-holes! Now, I remember why I watch the Today show instead. Although they do report some stupid stuff, too.

Hugs.

JJ said...

Yup, I saw that this AM--I posted a link on my blog--what a laugh.

Cajun Cutie said...

haha. So funny.

Me said...

"So do you think it's safe for me to assume based on their findings that my infertility is my source of my infertility???"

Most certainly! How silly of you to think otherwise!