After I got off work today I called Bea.con Hou.se (BH) and asked them about doing our home study. Margie (the lady in charge of the domestic adoptions) took my name, and told me the social worker would be calling soon to set it up. YEA!!!!! I'm so excited!! We're really doing this!!!!
We haven't chosen our agency yet. We decided to wait and attend St. Eliz.abeth's informational meeting in April before making the final decision. The thing that's really appealing about this agency is we don't pay anything other than an application fee (since we're doing the home study with another agency) until 10 days after the baby is placed in our home. With BH we stand to lose about $10,000 or more if the BM decides to parent. If, after the meeting in Apil we don't feel like they're a good match then we'll sign on with BH.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Congratulations on taking that step! I hope the adoption process goes smoothly for you.
That is a huge step!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear more
Oh wow, I'm so excited for you!!! I hope that it all falls right into place with the right agency.
Congratulations! :)
I am so excited for you! We are praying for you and J every step of the way!!!
Come read my embarrassing story involving Rachel, a public restroom, and Aunt Flo!!!
Ang
YAY! Congratulations on making the call. It's so exciting to know that things are in motion. :)
Hi there. My husband and I are currently in the adoption process too. Don't let it overwhelm you. We're going through a large well-known agency in Texas, and have been approved and waiting almost 4 months. It's an exciting time. I hope you are able to make your agency choice easily and that all goes smoothly!
Post a Comment