Our first visit with our social worker went well. We talked to Stacy for about an hour and a half about just about everything. She wanted to know about:
*our family
*how we resolve conflict (according to her we have a very normal marriage…that’s nice to know!!)
*how we met (She loved the fact that we met at church. She said, “I met my husband at a bar. That's not something you want to tell your kids. Y’all have a nice story to pass down.” So J told her that we had an edgy side to our story and proceeded to tell her about the time that I yelled “Bite Me” to him at the singles’ guy/girl challenge because he caught me cheating--I say creative winning--and called me on it…I wanted to kill him for bringing it up, but she thought it was hilarious).
*who’s getting the kid(s) when we die (this one is the only question that stumped us because we just hadn’t thought about that)
*our take on allowing our child to search for their birth mom
*our feelings about the women placing their child for adoption
*child care plans
*our journey to adoption (which I’m proud to say I was able to say it WITHOUT crying!!! Yea me!!!)
*traditions--so I said, lots of family events, vacations, church, etc...and then J threw in sports. Yes, you read that correctly…sports. But he tied it in very well to the fact that we both played sports growing up and that we love to go to sporting events.
*And much more, but I'm sure you get the gist of the meeting so I won’t bore you with the rest…
We bragged on our “chosen family” that we’ve found since we live away from our bio family, and she was very impressed at how close we all are. J talked about how everyone is so excited about us adopting, and I told her about how several of them had asked me if they could caravan with us with cameras in hand when we finally get custody of our little one. She just thought that was so sweet.
Anyway, I feel really good about it, and she said a couple of different times that we sounded like a well rounded couple. She said she would call and set up my meeting with her next week. So one meeting down…and two to go (pre placement, that is).




7 comments:
Sounds like a great meeting! Glad things are progressing well=)
Janna!!! YAH!!So glad the meeting went so well for you. (and I love that you are so excited and proud of yourself!) Give yourself a pat on the back for me. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!(tomorrow)
Glad it went so well. It sounds like you have a really sweet social worker. Ours is cool and we like her, but she's not terribly communicative, so I try to be proactive and contact her every so often.
YAY! I'm so glad to hear that the meeting went well. I will continue to pray for you, sweetie. HUGS!
I'm so glad the meeting went well. It sounds like the lady was really nice and compassionate. I'm so happy for you.
I so missed your blog Friday!!!! I am SO sorry!!! I am so excited for you. Sounds like it all went well, and I pray it just continues to move on smoothly!!! OK... I have to be realistic...it may not be smooth all the way...there will be bumps, but you all have such a great support system so those bumps will be minor in the scheme of things!!
Love you!
Ang
How EXCITING!!!
Post a Comment