Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayers Needed

Yesterday evening, Christian music artist, Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter (who was adopted from China) was hit and killed by their son when he was driving down their driveway. Please keep them in your prayers, not only for the loss of their precious daughter, but as they help their son deal with the immense grief that he must be feeling. I can't even begin to imagine their pain! Please ask God to extend His healing hand to the Chapman family. May He give them a peace that passes all understanding, and restore them in His mercy.

http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/

If you wish, you may also send condolences by mail to:
PO Box 150156 Nashville, TN 37215

More than five years ago Chapman and his wife MaryBeth founded The Shaohannah’s Hope Ministry after bringing their first adopted daughter, Shaohannah, home from China. The ministry’s goal is to help families reduce the financial barrier of adoption, and has provided grants to over 1,700 families wishing to adopt orphans from around the world.

http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i heard about this this morning - i shed quite a few tears

Rachel said...

I heard about this too, I can't imagine what the family is going through.

My grandmother saw a car back over her 5 year old son too. That was over 50 years ago and it still hurts.

KatieMc said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!

Dimple Queen said...

Janna, I did survive the weekend. And you won't believe this, but Rachel stayed with me and that 3 year old is a party animal!!! She stayed up til 2:30!!!! OH MY!!! I couldn't believe it. At home she is crashing by 10:00 at the very latest....however, she is usually in bed by 8:00 and asleep by 8:30! I couldn't believe it. I have pictures, but left the camera at home, so I decided to blog about it tomorrow instead of today!

It went good though!

Ang

C said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't hear about this!! I'm so shocked and saddened at the same time. His family is in my prayers for sure.