Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm Getting OUT!!!

I'm so excited!!!! I'm getting out of the house for the first time since my surgery. I literally haven't stepped foot outside the door of our house, but today that ends!!! I get to go to the doctor!!! WOO HOO!!!! **imagine me doing a hobble dance**

I'm sure after an hour or so of not having my foot propped up I'll need to head straight to the couch when we get home. So I'll have J update about the appt when we get home.

UPDATE:

I went to the doctor for my follow-up appt yesterday, and when they took the bandages off the nurse practitioner NP (my doc had an emergency) said I had too much swelling to remove the stitches. So they wrapped me in a compression wrap to help with the swelling and told me to come back Tuesday. Last night around 7:00 I started having shooting pains up my toe, and the pain meds didn't do a whole lot so J called the after hours number. My doctor finally called me back (an hour later!!) and told me that they probably wrapped the compression wrap too tight and to go in this morning and have it rewrapped. By midnight the pain had finally subsided, and now J and I think my foot just had to get used to the tightness. There's a little pain, but it's bearable so I decided not to go in. I told him I was worried it would do the same thing after getting the new wrap, and I didn't want to go through that pain again. I hope I don't regret that decision since it is the weekend and all!!

I asked if I could start driving, and the NP told me no, to wait and see what Tuesday's appt holds, so I'm still banished to the house. But yesterday's appt nice...I finally got to see something other than my house for a change.

J is working part time in the office and full time here at home. He's taking good care of me, but he's working until 11:00 at night trying to get everything done. Talk about feeling like a burden!! Please pray for him. He's so overworked, stressed, tired, and now he's got a sinus infection. I'm worried about him.

So that's what's going on in the Haik household. Thank you so much for the comments and well wishes!!! They really mean a lot!!!

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

Oh Yah - Janna. I hope you have a great appointment and fun getting out a bit