Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 3, 2008

Exciting!!!

Mom talked to our lawyer today, and once C signs the paperwork on Saturday, we'll get to bring Little Bit home!!! J has to be in Houston for work Nov. 13-14, so we're gonna stay here until then, and once he gets off work on the 14th we'll head to BR!!! I'm so freakin' excited I can't see straight! This will be the BEST anniversary present EVER!!! (Our anniversary is Nov 16.) Once they gain guardianship our lawyer will start the process of getting the guardianship transferred to us. Then he'll start working on filing for termination of parental rights. We still have a long way to go before Little Bit is ours, but this is DEFINITELY a step in the right direction!!!

ETA: We had the ICPC (interstate Compact on the Placement of Children) filed with the courts early on in the process.

11 comments:

happymomof4 said...

Things sound so positive- I am so happy for you all and look forward to hearing the good news that you all are hope together as one happy family. Also looking forward to more pictures of your precious little girl.

Dimple Queen said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I am so excited for you too!!!!

Bri said...

I can't even imagine how excited you must be! Yay for going home!

Kim said...

My gosh, I am literally shaking for you!

Beth said...

Oh wow Janna! GREAT NEWS!!!

KLTTX said...

Congratulations!

Do you have to have ICPC approval before you can move across state lines?

Melissa McFatter said...

I'm getting so used to seeing you guys every week that we are going to miss you. I am so happy for you! We need to go out to dinner and celebrate before you guys go home to BR.

RBandRC said...

That is fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! :)

Me said...

I'm glad things are moving in the right direction!

Jen&Carter said...

That is awesome. I am so excited for you and J.

Malloryn said...

That is SO exciting! I hope that everything goes smoothly for you and J, and your little girl :)