Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 22, 2007

Now What?

I miss being pregnant. I miss the nausea, constipation, fatigue, everything. But most of all I miss the hope that being pregnant brought to my life. I miss the joy I felt every time I thought about our baby. I miss seeing the look on J's face when he would talk about our baby.

We're now in the grieving process, and I find myself asking, "Now what?" I've tried to figure out why this had to happen, and the only thing I can come up with is this: We live in a broken, imperfect world. And we will feel the effects of the imperfection and brokenness in the form of sickness, natural disaster, tragedy and death. So I have two choices in how I deal with the bumps in the road. I can make God the focus of my frustration and anger and allow myself to become a lost, bitter soul. Or, I can accept the comfort and peace that only God can give to help me make it through the stormy times of life.

"God, please comfort our broken hearts. Grant us your peace that passes all understanding, and help us seek you for the answer to, 'Now what?'."

No comments: