So the plan for this cycle is to keep the Clomid at 100mg, but this time we're going to try an IUI. I'm very nervous about the IUI, and according to my doctor it only ups my chances of getting pregnant by about 5%, but at this point in the game I'll take any increase in chances that I can get!
I thought J might have some issues with the IUI, but he was on board with it. He's been saying for a few weeks now that he thinks he needs an SA done, but my doctor seems to disagree seeing as how he's gotten me pregnant twice already. He asked if they would keep a sample to test it, and I said, "No babe, they're gonna put 'em all in there. There will be no swimmer left behind." lol (For those of you who are teachers, you'll appreciated that joke.)
I just love Dr. K. He's always so reassuring and supportive. He knows where I am because it took he and his wife a long time to conceive their baby. I asked him today when I needed to quit trying. He patted me on my leg and said, "Not yet." Hearing those words really calmed my spirit. He said, "I know you're tired because it has been over a year since you started trying, and your year has held a lot of drama, but I'm still putting my money on you having a child soon." Those words were music to my ears. I know he wasn't making any promises (and honestly, I'm glad he didn't make any promises), but the fact that he isn't counting me out as a lost cause really did make me feel a whole lot better.
I told Dr. K I had been worried about my temps, and he looked at me with this look, and I knew I was in trouble. He said, "Have you ever told me you were temping?" I said, "No." Then he said, "You'll never hear me say anything about BBT because it's just too unpredictable. Quit temping!" My response to that was, "I can't. I'm obsessive." He said, "Well obsess about quitting!" So I said, "How 'bout if I don't temp after I get a solid thermal shift." He shook his head and said, "Quit temping! It's not doing you any good." I laughed and he said, "See you in a couple weeks."
Wow, I can't believe we're moving on to IUI. Any and all IUI advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I took myslef off of temping b/c it messed with my head so much. I think my husband was glad! Good luck with your next cycle. :)
Sorry, never did IUI so I have no assvice there. BUT I CAN relate to the obsessive temping. I'm not sure what finally broke the habit for me but now I'm lucky if I can remember when my last period was! How's that for a shift...
I have also never told my doc about temping because I think he'll tell me the same thing. However, I will probably confess at my next visit because of my LP stuff. I just like to know what's going on. I think seeing the shift takes some stress off, but it doesn't seem to be very useful in the TWW.
Oh please don't be worried or nervous about an IUI! I have had 3, 2 of them were with 150mg Clomid plus injectible and 1 was all injectible. It is very much like having a Pap test, however, you feel excited because you KNOW that you are giving it your best shot to make a baby! You will leave feeling very full of hope and will spend the next two weeks dreaming. I'm hoping your dream comes true.
I'm so glad to hear the reassuring comments from your doctor. That is awesome to have someone who cares that much. He sounds really great! Wishing you the best for this cycle.
Post a Comment