Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

That Old Saying...

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," really applies here. I should know better than to read too much into my symptoms in the 2ww, but once again I was fooled into thinking something good might come from all the nausea I was having. So shame on me!!! I guess it's on to cycle 15. Have I said lately that this sucks?

I'm going in on Thursday to have my monthly "I'm not prengnat, give me my Clomid" appointment, and I'm pulling out all the stops. I'm asking for Metformin, and I'm asking for Progesterone to take if/when I ever get another BFP. I've got to give this my all because it stops with Clomid. We won't be going on to injections, IUI's or IVF. Clomid is my only shot at having a biological child. I kind of hate to put all my eggs (no pun intended) in one basket, but we just can't afford to sink all that money into something that might not work. So we've decided that if Clomid doesn't work we're using our savings for adoption. Wow...I can't believe I may be moving on to adoption in a couple months. This is my 4th round of Clomid since my miscarriage, and my doctor will only allow me to take 6 rounds back-to-back. I can always take a break for a few months and then get back on the Clomid train, but I'm not getting any younger. At some point we have to face reality, and reality (for us)is that Clomid might not work, and we might not ever have a child of our own. That makes me sad.

7 comments:

KatieMc said...

You say "I've got to give this my all" like we have a choice in how it works/doesn't work? nudge, nudge. Love your use of language...eggs in one basket ha ha...get back on the Clomid train...nice. SIGH. Infertility really really stinks.

Christy said...

Oh my, I sure can relate to your struggles and losses. I have no real words of comfort for you other than to remind you that you are not alone. You also have a plan, and that counts for a lot. I admire you for having a plan. Wish I could get there.

AwkwardMoments said...

OH DEAR - you are speaking straight to me- I hear ya Loud and clear!! Hugs, this is just miserable! Wish I had encourging words for you - but I just don't... blessings- farah

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for the disappointments. Anyway, I know New York might be too far from where you live but I happened to browse the net and found this: http://www.newyorkfertility.com/

You might wanna check it out, the IVF rates looks very affordable as copared to others, if cost is the only thing that hinders you from that last step.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I cannot be consoled by words. I'm not sure if you can either. You are not alone. Please keep posting.

Kate said...

I am really sorry that this cycle didn't work out.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the words to make you feel better. All I can say is God has a plan for you and it just may be adoption. I'm starting to consider that myself. Jason and I haven't had that talk yet, not seriously anyways. Please keep us posted on everything.