Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 18, 2008

LASIK Update

The surgery went well. I am having lots of discomfort (like something big is in my eye and I can't wash it out) in my right eye, but Dr. H said everything looked excellent this morning when I went back for my follow-up. He put some numbing drops in and a bandage contact in my right eye to help with the discomfort, but once the numbing drops wore off the contact was too bothersome so I took it out a little while ago. My left eye is still a little fuzzy, but it's 20/25 now. He said the fuzziness will go away as the swelling goes down. My right eye, even with the discomfort, is 20/20. I'm to use 3 types of drops several times a day to help with the swelling, infection, and dryness. I go back to see Dr. H on Monday.

Thank you all for your prayers. It really is weird to be able to see like a normal person!!! I'll post pre and post pics in a few days!!

7 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

good to hear/read from you. I am praying for speedy recovery!

Elaine said...

Hi Jana! I am so completely jealous! My vision SUCKS!!!! I would love to get lasik one day, but I confess...been to scared to go through with it. I know you must be excited to be able to see the alarm clock at night (this is the reason I sleep in my contacts :) I am so glad that the surgery went well, and I can't even imagine what it feels like to have 20/20 vision!

Cajun Cutie said...

I am glad it worked for you. Lasik scares me. I hope you see clearly soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the successful surgery! I hope you heal quickly.

Mandy said...

Glad everything went well and hope the discomfort passes, soon. It must feel wonderful to have 20/20 and 20/25 vision!!!

Kim said...

I am so glad that it all went well! I remember when I got glasses and the optometrist put the thing on that shows you what YOU see (blurry) looks like, and I was like, 'no way!!', haha. I had no idea that my vision was so off!

Dimple Queen said...

Glad it all went well. You were in my prayers. Sorry I am just getting around to checking back, we had a long weekend here with MLK and all, so I am just getting back online.

Thinking about you!

Ang