Sorry I've been so sporadic in posting. My life is pretty much filled with putting drops in my eyes, working, and doing housework. Fun times!!! Eyes are getting better. Still feels like I have something in my right eye, but it feels less like a daggar and more like dust or a dry contact. And I still have a haze in my left eye, but Dr. H says it's getting better. YEA!!! Here's a funny...I went to MW's little boy's birthday party on Saturday, and one of the moms comes up and asks, "Do you have pink eye?" I SOOOOO wanted to say, "Yep, now where are your children so I can infect them!! Mwwwaaaaahhh!!!!!" But I was good and explained that I had had intral.ase on Thursday.
J got the news that he's changing positions at work. Keep in mind that this is the job we actually moved to BR for almost 3 years ago, and he's just now getting the position. But I'm really mixed about the job because it means that in 2 years or so we're going to be moving back to Hou.ston. That really makes me uneasy. My family is in Hou.ston which is really the only draw to the city. But all my friends (except my bff, S) are here in BR. The Lord has really blessed us with some WONDERFUL friends here, and it just breaks my heart that we'll be leaving. I always knew we'd be leaving at some point, but now there's a finish line in sight. I know most of you are thinking that I'm stupid to start getting so sad this far away, but you never know with Exx.on. We only had 6 weeks notice when we were moving here. They could up and move us at any time once he's had the job for a while. There's no guarantee that we'll actually be here for 2 years. It could be less. I'm tearing up now!! But another part of me is relieved for J. He's been so uneasy with the position he's in right now. He's tired of it, and he's ready for a change. So for that, I'll be glad when he's in the new position. But the other bad part is that he's going to be working much longer hours. And that sucks too. But I keep reminding myself that a happy husband means that the times we do have together will be happier. Just keep J in your prayers. He has a week and a half to train the new guy for a position that J's been doing for about 6+ years (between here and Hous.ton), all the while transitioning to his new position. He's going to be one pooped fella when all is said and done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Poor J- can we not pull that guy in 40 different directions? Iam sorry that you are sad about relocating - leaving a place that you really like is always hard.
I Laughed out loud about the Pink Eye - you totally should have been like "what's that? I mean my eye is really itching for like 3 days but I just thought I may have something in it."
I hope everything evens out on the job front for your husband. It would be nice to have another blogger in H-Town, but I certainly understand not wanting to leave friends behind. That would be hard.
JK, you guys will be in our prayers as always! If/when you do move back we will have to get together some. I know we are still a little over an hour away, but that's not TOO far to go see a friend!
Love ya!
Ang
You should have rubbed your eye and reached out your hand to shake hands as you say, "why yes, I do have pink-eye. Thank you for your concern."
J will definitely be in my prayers. Hoping the best for both of you always! :)
Post a Comment