Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Very Touching

Today our church held its annual Easter Egg Festival, and as always, J and I signed up to work. While I was talking to a friend a lady from our MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) Group walked up to me and asked me how our meeting went. I was surprised that she knew about it, but I told her that it went really well, and then she said (and this gives me chills), "We pray for you and J every week at our Bible study." I wanted to cry, but all I could do was thank her and tell her how much it meant that they were praying. MW mentioned our HS meetings one week, and now they are praying for us as we're going through our adoption journey. That just means so much because I don't really know these ladies all that well. I've met a few of them because last year I was a MOPS child care worker and kept their kids while they met, but this year I didn't do it because it was just too hard emotionally. I just can't tell you how much it means to have people praying for us. And to know that people that we don't know all that well are praying just blesses my heart so much.

Because of this conversation today, I feel the need to tell you all that I pray for each and every one of you, my precious blogging buddies. Many times it's as a whole, but when I know of a specific request I do lift you up in prayer individually. I also know that I have several readers that are not the praying type, and that's okay, and I respect that you don't feel the same way I do, but I just know how much it blessed my heart to hear that we were being prayed for, so I wanted to pass this along in hopes that your hearts are blessed as well.

15 comments:

Me said...

I am not Christian but it still makes me happy when someone prays for me because it shows they care and want the best for me. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

Prayers are always touching. Even if you don't know about them. I also pray for my blogroll and individual blog buddies every morning on my way to work in rush hour traffic. It is hte best way to spend that 45 mins for me.

Ms. J said...

I know what you mean . . . I appreciate when people say (or email) that they are praying for us -- especially because there have been times I have been too sad, or angry, or frustrated, or mired in grief, to pray for myself. I have friends who are not Believers, and I ask them to "send us some positive thoughts or energy", too.

JJ said...

Nice to know you are being thought of and prayed for--glad someone gave you that gift of telling you that she has been holding you and J in her thoughts.
And now its my turn to thank YOU for all your prayers--means a lot! Hope you know you are in mine=)

mary-michele said...

hey girl! i have been praying for you guys. i was sooo excited when mandy told me that you were going to adopt! it is such an amazing thing. i tell my twins that they grew in mommy's heart :) God chooses to give us our children in different ways... just wanted you to know that i was thinking about you...thanks for your prayers and encouragement as well!!!! :)

mary-michele

Dimple Queen said...

Hey friend,

I am so glad the visit with the SW went well...sorry about the shower! (not to bring it up again or anything), but she sounds like a....... I don't know...I'll be nice.

Anyway, I know you know I pray for you all the time too. And I wanted you to know that my SS class prays for you too and so does my Mom....

You are being BATHED in prayer my friend!!!

Love you,
Ang

hope548 said...

That is such a good feeling! I'm glad your meeting went well this weekend!

Kate said...

I'm praying for you, too!

Jamee said...

Isn't it nice how the Spirit speaks to us through people right when we need it? You are in my prayers as well my dear!

Christy said...

And your post is very touching as well. The power of prayer is amazing.

RBandRC said...

Your continued love, support, and prayers are always appreciated! Know that you are also in my prayers always. HUGS!

Searching said...

You are often in my prayers too. :) Can't wait to hear how the next step of your journey goes!

Dimple Queen said...

JK,
Thanks for all the camping tips....I have some, okay a lot, of that stuff packed already, but you are right, I do need to pack some games...maybe even a dvd player for the kids...well, we will have to have it for the car...that place is south of San Antonio....got a long drive a head of us!!! Just praying all goes well....this is our first of hopefully many trips to come!!!

Thanks friend!

Joy said...

It's funny how much the words "I'm praying for you" have come to mean to me over the last few years. Having (somewhat) accepted that almost all of this is out of my hands, the one thing anyone CAN do is pray. And it means so much that they do.

--Trish

Kim said...

Did I dream that I responded to this or... ?