I know my last few posts have had nothing to do with our adoption journey, but quite honestly, there's not much going on at this point. I need to call St. E's to ask "what's next?" since all our paperwork is in. And our appts for our medical testing for New Begin.nings is Monday. Other than that, we're at another stand-still.
I had another appt for my foot yesterday, and praises that the swelling had gone down and I was able to get my stitches out. But my incision isn't healing as well as they'd like. (Thanks Remi.cade!) So they put some really sticky tape on it, and then gave me the decision of rewrapping and continuing to use my crutches or getting a walking cast. I still can't put any weight on the front of the foot, but the walking cast puts all of it on my heel and it gives me a great deal more freedom. So I opted for a purple cast!!
I'm still in a little pain, but an occasional pain pill or Ty.len.ol helps for the most part. I'll be in the cast for 2 weeks and then on July 8th I'll be fitted for a boot. I still haven't been cleared to drive, which is highly annoying! So that means I'm not able to return to work yet. By July 8th when I get my release to drive I will have been out of work for a month! So I told J that I was going in to work next week and that I promised to go straight to work and straight home each day. I need to get back to work so we can start building our baby fund in our savings back up. Since I bought the bedding (YEA!!) we're a little on the low side.
So that's where we're at! I haven't been able to read all my favorite blogs much b/c I've had to have my foot propped up at all times, but hopefully once my foot gets used to the cast I'll have a little more reading time! I'm dying to catch up with all of you!!!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
not being able to drive ... ugh that really does put a damper on activites. Ihope your foot is healing more and more - but until then a purple cast ROCKS!
I hope you are feeling better!!! :) HUGS!
Janna, thanks for the prayers...I hope the rest of the summer gets better too!
I am glad you are getting better as well. I had a purple cast once...on my wrist....for 6 weeks. But at least I could still drive!
I'll pray that all goes well as you break some rules and head back to work early! LOL....But I know how you feel, I would probably want to get back too...back to "normalcy"
Post a Comment