Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, June 27, 2008

Prayers Needed

My friend MW just called and said that her twin brother, Michael, and his wife had an appt today, and they couldn't find their baby's heartbeat. Christina has been contracting for a while now and was getting close to delivering their third little girl. Now they are in L&D having to deal with a still birth. Please keep them in your prayers. This will be especially hard for them to explain to their other two precious girls. Not to mention that MW just had a little girl a couple months ago, so it will be very hard for Michael and Christina to be around baby Rachel for a while, I'm sure.

UPDATE:
There was a knot in the chord. The baby didn't make it.

UPDATE#2:
Mike and Christina are having baby Karson Olivia's funeral today. The doctors think she died on Wednesday. They think the knot has been in the chord for some time, but it wasn't tight enough to do much damage until Karson moved down in the birth canal. At that point they think the knot was pulled tight and she suffocated. Here's the weird part...Christina's dog was all over her whining and pawing at her stomach Wednesday night. They couldn't get the dog off of her much less to leave her alone. On Thursday the dog would have nothing to do with her. It would just lay in the floor facing Christina and whine, but it wouldn't go near her. Is that not freaky??? It's like the dog knew something was wrong.

10 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

OH MY .... this is so sad. My prayers to your friends

Dimple Queen said...

I had an aide in my classroom that had this same thing happen a few years back. We were very close...are very close...I will definitely lift them up! My heart goes out to them! It aches for them.

Kim said...

Oh no :O(. That is so terribly sad and unfair. I'll be thinking of them.

Jeny said...

They are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine how how hard that was on them to go through.

Hummingbird said...

This is heartbreaking. They are in my prayers.

Kristin (kekis) said...

How devastating for your friends. I'll definitely keep them held up in prayer.

A friend of a friend delivered her son still last week & has blogged about it. She has a very strong faith and her writing may be a help to your friend when she's ready. The blog is tstapes.blogspot.com.

Me said...

I feel so sorry for that poor couple. As for the dog... I suspect he could smell the change in her hormones/pheromones...

Ms. J said...

That is just awful, awful, awful. I am so sorry. I will pray for them, and for their family as they help them live through this terrible tragedy.

Mandy said...

Oh no, Janna. It just breaks my heart to read an account like this. My heart goes out to them.

Toiling Ant said...

Your friend might be comforted by reading the blog of another woman who recently lost her baby.

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/