Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Doing the Happy Dance!!

As of today, we are on the BR agency list!!!!! Yes people...we are FINALLY waiting for a baby with BOTH agencies!! I can't tell you how happy I am!!! (Though I'm sure you can guess based on the number of exclamation marks I'm using! lol)

My mom called a couple days ago to tell me about a maternity home for teens near my hometown. She asked me if I wanted her to go check out the place and see if they do adoptions or contract out with a local agency. I told her, "Sure." Well, yesterday she calls to tell me that a friend of ours from church (who is a homebound teacher for the school district I used to work for) is getting a 9th grade girl from that maternity home today! So of course, my mom is DYING to know everything about the home, and Mrs. Carolyn is DYING to check things out for us! I'm just sitting here laughing at them b/c they are so excited about this. It's nice to know that people are as excited as we are about adopting. I'm asking for prayers, not that this girl will place her baby with us (though it would be so sweet), but that you would keep her in your prayers b/c she has many decisions to make about her future. I can only imagine how scared and confused she is.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't want to log off without mentioning the importance of today...9/11/08. I can remember so vividly where I was 7 years ago today. I was teaching my class of 3rd graders when my team leader came in and told me to put a movie in for the kids and meet her in the empty classroom in our pod. We were all bawling, and for the rest of the day we watched the events unfold while our students unknowingly sat in our classrooms watching movies and playing games. We were on lockdown for a few hours, and eventually had to lift the order b/c parents were standing outside the school wanting to pick their children up and take them home to hold them tight. I still get chills thinking about it.

The unimaginable had happened on our own soil! I was afraid for all the people in NYC, DC and Pennsylvania. I was afraid for my mother-in-law-to-be who was vacationing in DC that day, and I was afraid for my husband-to-be b/c he worked at a chemical plant, and at the time we were getting reports that american chemical plants could be huge targets for terrorists.

Please keep the family members and friends of those who lost their lives in your prayers. And please remember those who survived. I hope and pray that we never have to experience ANYTHING like that again!! And last, please pray for our troops who are overseas seeing to it that we don't have to!!

America's response to that horrible day made me so proud to be an American!!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

WOO HOOOOO!!!! I'm sooo excited for you guys!

Elaine said...

Yay! Jenna that's the best news I've heard all day!!!! I am so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Great news, Janna! So happy for you guys and keeping you and the 9th grade girl in my prayers.

Jen&Carter said...

Awesome news Janna. I will keep you both in my prayers. I hope that it sooner then the 3 yrs they told you.

Jen&Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SOOOO excited for you right now! And crossing all fingers.