My parents live in Pasadena (southeast Houston), and they are weathering the storm. Many of my friends evacuated b/c they live closer to the coast, but mom's zip code never came up as a mandatory evac. They have boarded up the house, and they have all the necessities, but I'm still so worried about them! Please keep them in your prayers.
Here's a Friday Funny...
During Gustav I wasn't able to call my mom to give her updates, so I would text her to tell her we were still alive and doing well, but she would never text me back. So last night she called me and asked me how "this texting thing" works. She told me that the news channels were telling everyone that texting would work even if calls couldn't go through. So I gave her a short tutorial, and then she sent me a practice text. This was the text..."Imlearninghowtotext". (obviously without the quotes.) So I gave her a call back to teach her how to put spaces into her message. J and I got a good laugh thinking about my mom sitting there during the storm texting us. I'm so proud of my techno savvy mom!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I will be thinking of all the Families effected by this massive hurricane
I hope they're ok! We had to evacuate....
I am glad you guys are doing alright and mom too! Don't you imagine what it'll be we'll be learning when we're our parents' age???
Glad they're all OK! Do they have power now? Mine are OK too - they had to evacuate as they live in Clear Lake City. Fortunately they only lost a few shingles on the roof too.
Post a Comment