Up until last night I was so excited about trying again, but then something happened (private matter that just doesn't need to be blabbed to the world), and now I'm questioning my faith, my God, and what my purpose is in life. I'm just amazed at how one day I could be so hopeful for our future as parents, and the next be completely ready to throw in the towel. All because of one thing that totally turned my world upside down.
We've been trying to have a baby since December 2005. In April 2006 I was diagnosed with PCOS and found out I don't ovulate on my own. But thanks to the miracles of modern medicine we were able to overcome that hurdle, and I ovulated the next month. Then came our first loss. Granted it was early (5w4d), and my doctor says the fertilized egg probably never left my tube and had the chance to implant, but still I believe that once egg and sperm meet life is created. So it was a child in my eyes. We took a month off, and four months after our loss we were pregnant again. And everything was looking great. I had nausea, headaches, my boobs ached something fierce, my bloodwork was perfect, I was bloated...I loved every minute of it! And then at our first ultrasound we saw no fetal pole or heartbeat. We gave it more time, and at our second ultrasound a fetal pole was there, but no heartbeat. By the next ultrasound two and a half weeks after my first one I had lost all my pregnancy symptoms and the ultrasound showed no heartbeat, so I had a D&C to end the pregnancy. I went into a tailspin in every way possible...emotionally, spiritually, physically. But I recovered and once again looked forward to the day when I would hold our newborn baby in my arms. We took 3 months off, and last night was to be the night when we officially started trying. And then BAM! life takes another cruel turn and I'm left to figure out where the hell I am. I'm lost, and every turn seems to lead me to a dead end.
We can't just "relax and let it happen" as so many people have suggested. I just want to scream to them, "Didn't you hear me??? I don't ovulate on my own! Everything has to be perfectly timed and very calculated!" There's no fun in sex like that!
So now I'm beginning to question God and whether He even wants us to be parents at all. My whole life I've dreamed of being a mother, but now I'm questioning why I ever dreamed of that in the first place.
Where do you turn when you feel like you've been abandoned by the only source of direction and comfort that you've ever known in life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I am praying for you! I know this is so hard for you. I miss you so much!!11
i can't help but respond to this. I belive in God and thus i feel a pull to express my opinion - i hope my small-minded that tries hard to be extrememly open brain offers some help/comfort/peace. I do not claim to an organized religious affliation other than christainity. I have tried many churches and I just can not find one that I truly learn and appreciate and want to attend regularly yet (i am still looking) Some days I grow closer to God and other days I want to throw him out of my mind/heart. My faith and hope are much like the Titanic: Big and Full of Life, then other times they are drowning/sinking from hitting an iceberg. I say this because i felt oftent that I wasn't allowed me to be ME with God. They wanted me to be who they thought i SHOULD BE. You know the same ole bottle of christainity they bought. They wanted me to act and think and respond in the appropriate God-loving way. And by appropriate, they meant the way THEY acted/thought/responded. Well I decided that was not being true to myself and reading and researching more into hte bible - it's not anything like what God's word said to me. THerefore I made an active choice to be ME and in that i could be a God-fearing/loving/reverant person. I lost alot of friends, accquiantances and some respect - but i didnt really care. It felt Honest and pure and unguilted and untainted. My IF journey has allowed me to be selfish at times and it has allowed me to heal and then get more bitter then heal again. My relationship with God is raw and not always packaged in a pretty little box. It is down right ugly and unfair. But this has allowed me to be more free in my life. (most days) I love God but he knows that I do not always like the crap I am going through and I won't pretend to like it anymore! Sorry this post was sooo long - i just wanted to share with you.
Post a Comment