Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2007

I'm Mixed

My friend, MW (I've talked about her before) has a little boy, who is the cutest little boy you'll ever meet. Well, today MW told me that she's pregnant again. I had an idea that she might be because she said she'd been nauseated, tired and her boobs had been hurting. We share everything. That's how close we are. We know when the other is ovulating, about the start, cramping, you name it, we've talked about it. MW has been there for me every step of this crappy journey so I owe her a great deal of gratitude. Though she's never experienced a loss she has let me talk about everything and she's offered the best advice that she's known how to give.

Anyway, after she told me she was pregnant she said that she wanted this so much more for me than for herself, and that she wished I could test already because she is anxious for me. That's how great of a friend she is. I'm excited for her, I really am, but deep down I'm jealous. Is that normal? I mean, she's my closest friend (other than my best friend S), but being as how we're 19 months into our journey with no live child, and it took MW and JE one month really stings. Ugh!!! I hate feeling like this. I want to be able to be happy, just happy and nothing else!

7 comments:

The Goddess G said...

It's completely normal. I have these same feelings myself.

Keeping you in my thoughts...
~Carole

Kate said...

It is very normal. I've had them many times. I had to just forgive myself for feeling them and try my best to not the feelings cloud the friendship. It's hard, though.

AwkwardMoments said...

Yes, yes and more yes! My very closest friend is 8 month preg and at first it was rough - but time has made it easier on me

Joy said...

Completely 100% normal.

And quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with being jealous. To want something for yourself that other people have is perfectly normal. Spiteful is different. If you wanted to keep her from having it because you can't.. that's spite.
But jealousy? Human condition.

Chanti said...

As all the above, I have experienced this feeling many,many times as it seems that everyone around me is able to breed like rabbits (don't mean to be nasty here). Best friends and sisters in law just fall pregnant when they decide to stop using contraceptives...
But it get's easier as things go on with the pregnancy. So don't be so hard on yourself, you would be inhuman if you didn't have those feelings. And seeing that she's such a good friend she probably appreciates how you feel and won't let it bug her.

KatieMc said...

Yep, normal.

Christy said...

I'm pleased to report that you are completely 100% normal!

I used to just be jealous of family and friends who got preggers before me, especially it it happened very easily. Now I get jealous of complete strangers who get pregnant easily.